Kelly Stables: Like a Disney character come to life

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 ·



"I love the show tunes, I love all of them" says Kelly Stables, who plays Melissa on CBS' number one rated comedy Two and a Half Men.

Like a Disney character come to life, Kelly is so cheery and animated that twenty minutes in her presence make you feel like bursting into song. After a storybook childhood in St. Louis where she was active in cheerleading and Jazzmatazz, Kelly followed her dream and moved to Hollywood


where her dedication and positivity

have led her to the sunny side of the street.

But Kelly also has a dark side that she's explored in the two Ring movies and in her web series Soul Fire Is Rising. How many people can claim to have flown all the way to New York see Legally Blonde the musical on Broadway, as well as attended numerous horror conventions?

Chosen as this week's Girl2Watch, Kelly will be featured in a series or articles, fun facts and social media tweets through this week for subscribers of Girl2Watch.com.

In this BackStage, Actor2Watch, exclusive, Kelly shares her thoughts on acting and getting roles.

ACTOR2WATCH: What was your first real break as an actor?

KELLY STABLES: It was a movie called Pride and Prejudice that I did in 2003. I played Lydia.

A2W: Tell us your best audition story.

KELLY STABLES: Actually, it was for Two and a Half Men. I was wearing a strapless bra, and I sat up, I breathed out, and I don't know, somehow my rib cage got smaller and my bra fell down around my waste underneath my shirt. And I felt it happen and I had my script in front of me, so I tried to cover up the fact that I had this odd looking thing now around my stomach. At which point the casting director's trying to talk to me and ask me questions and all I can think of is oh my gosh, is my bra going to fall out underneath my shirt? So that was interesting.


Source::backstage.com/

0 comments: